1st operation Setup
To set up the first operation roll, the correct device to use is a clearance gauge.
The steps to set up a 1st operation roll:
- The seamer is rotated into position so that the particular head is in the 1st operation position. This is the position where the seamer is in the middle of closing the first operation seam.
- The clearance gauge is inserted into the first seamer head (e.g., seamer head #1)
- Ensure that the bearings are not damaged (By pushing on the roll while looking at the live image of the roll)
- Ensure that the roll and chuck are intact and undamaged.
- The first operation roll is unlocked and moved.
- Use the clearance gauge to determine the correct position of the roll
- Lock the roll in place.
- Record the measurement value.
- Move on to the next head.
Proper setup should take around 2-3 minutes per head at the most.